Feeling burnt out? Feeling tired? Feeling stressed? Feeling like no matter how hard you try you just can’t get the grades you want? Well it’s time to turn that frown upside down and change all your problems into awesome possibilities!
1. Create, write down and read your goals. Don’t fudge this. Just do it! At the start of every day look at your goals and make sure they are everything you want. Make sure you know what you want from your study and from your life.
2. Move all obstacles that are stopping you achieve your goals. Don’t allow time-wasters to suck the life out of you. Get off the X-Box. Get off Facebook. Turn off the TV. You can do this. Know what you want and then get it!
3. Identify the actions you need to take. It’s one thing to write out your goals. It’s another things altogether to understand what it will take to make them happen. Figure out what the actions are that make up your goals. What will take you from where you are now to where you want to go?
4. Do something! Once you know which actions are your most important actions, take some action! Anyone can make a plan. Anyone can come up with a brilliant idea. Anyone can think of solutions. It’s the doing that makes the difference. So take action. Right now! Go, go, go, go, and go. Now.
5. Visualize your achievements. The best part about visualization is that you can do it any time. You can do it during class, you can do it on the train, you can do it lying in bed, or you can do it at your weekend job. Imagine what you are going to achieve and how it will happen. Do this every day.
6. Create affirmations and then read them every day. Write down whatever you need to tell yourself each day to get yourself pumped up, grateful for life and ready to rock. Then make sure you can fit it into your school bag, wallet or purse so that you can read it whenever you want some inspiration.
7. Stretch and breathe. Don’t just breathe to live, breathe to relax! Deep breaths are great for keeping your cool and getting the energy flowing. Stretching is great for getting the blood flowing and getting your muscles active. So breathe deeply whenever you think of it and stretch like a madman whenever you have a chance!
8. Read and watch. Find someone (or many people!) you want to be like. Then read their books and watch their YouTube videos. Engage with them in any way you can. Listen to them. Do what they do. You don’t need to reinvent the wheel to be a success, just do as successful people do. That’s being smart.
9. Love every minute. There is no point “existing”. You need to “live”. What does it mean to live? It means loving what you’re doing – at all times. Now, it’s hard to get excited about school or work each day, there is no question about that, but your life is short and you need to enjoy it. You need to make each day count. Love your life.
10. Associate with people that are successful. If you spend time with blobs you will become a blob too. You need to surround yourself with people that want more from life. Surround yourself with people that have big dreams and even bigger motivation levels. They will drag you with them and help take you where you really want to go.
11. Drink your way to success! No not booze – water! Drink as much water as you can muster, mister. Eight glasses a day is a good guide. Why? Well, your brain is 75% water. Your blood is 90% water. The body will shut down within days without water. Water prevents illness and disease. Water turns the food you eat into energy. Need we say more? Drink up!
12. Eat smaller means and eat them more often. We all like to eat don’t we? Well, most people do anyway. You only have to look around to see how much the world loves eating. But three meals a day isn’t quite right. Instead, have 6 meals a day and make them smaller – and healthier.
Your body will continually burn the food and won’t store it as fat. You’re also less likely to become overweight or obese. More meals and less fat? Winning!
13. Reduce your consumption of the four fatal stimulants. Coffee, cigarettes, alcohol and sugar are a perfect storm – for illness and disease! If you want to die a young and painful death then knock yourself out. Most people don’t really want that – but it doesn’t mean they don’t consume dangerous things.
You wouldn’t give cigarettes, coffee, alcohol or loads of sugar to your pet, so why do you consume them? Do you have more respect for your pet than yourself? Weird.
14. Tense and relax. When you tense all the muscles in your body and then let it go it really helps the body to unwind and remain calm. So start using this whenever you’re feeling anxious or stressed. Tense and relax. Tense and relax. Ah! Feels good doesn’t it?
You have the power to make your life whatever you want it to be. But it truly is up to you. You must not allow others or circumstances to prevent you from doing whatever it is you want to do. Take massive action every day and kick some studying butt! Good luck.
How To Get Better Grades: 14 Tips To Take You To Study Success
Study Success, You To Study Success, Success